We have 2 new rangers in camp. Elly and Felix. Elly is wonderful and sweet and good in the field. Felix is really tall and quiet and doesnt speak great English, but speaks swahili which means dinner talk is now in all swahili! YAY! its helping me. I think I am really improving.
we found chimps yesterday YAYAYA!!! Finally after a period of 9 days, the longest I think i've gone here so far. We had a few days where there were NO signs in the forest. They were heard calling from a neighboring forest. 2 days ago we tracked them coming from far up the trail near the waterfall back toward camp and up another trial. We stayed with them for an hour or so yesterday but there were elephants on the savannah edge that scared them and we lost their trail.
Lots of rain in Fort Portal today. The market was coated in mud.
Nothing too new here in the last few days. I will try to upload some older pics. EMAIL ME!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding those chimps again must have been SUCH a good feeling. Have a merry christmas! xxx
ReplyDelete